Let's talk poop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk poop!

Hi Parents! Do you find yourself talking about poop a lot with your kids like I do!? My daughter has major sensory issues around pottying and recently a bad bout of constipation. The doctor asked us to monitor her water intake and give Miralax a few times a day for 2 weeks. So Lucy now has a self monitoring poop routine. YAY I told her she could the new poop routine points, towards a reward of Charmin toilet paper, instead of her using our normal Costco Brand that isn't her favorite. I also award her desirable Behavior points for pooping-which she wants to hold in for days at a time. What other self monitoring or strange routines does your child use?
    Attached Files

Comment

Yes I do
      _____

Comment

This looks similar to ours! My 23 year old daughter has Down syndrome and lots of problems with GI related things. Part of her morning routine is to sit on the toilet for 15 minutes, she also gets two drinks of water during her morning routine. When she comes home from her day program she takes another toileting break, and again again before bed. All with no arguments!

Comment

Our son has encopresis (which is a nightmare), so lots of our routines involve sitting on the toilet for a certain amount of time, etc. Getting him to drink his miralax can be really challenging, but he likes doing it when he gets points. This is literally all the routine entails, and it almost never takes this long (sometimes he likes to see how fast he can do it), but I don't have to nag him, and he gets points to trade in for stuff he wants!

Comment

We are currently trying to get my son to go poop on the potty as he just won't do it. He now holds it at school until he is on the bus home and has a pull-up on over his underwear to poop. so this is a great idea for us to try and to suggest to his teacher to try to combat this issue.

Comment

Our son has sensory issues with washing his hands (as do I, frankly). Any ideas on how Goally can help? Also, we don’t have any “sensory issues” routines yet, but we definitely need some; I had just never thought of it before. Thanks for bringing this up, Goally! ❤️

Comment

• Rebecca B.
                Rebecca B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Leah Lundgren Spring I never heard of them! What are they called and can I order them through amazon? (We live overseas but have a US mailing address, so as long as I can get them through amazon, I’m good to go!)

• Leah S.
                Leah S. commented
                Editing a comment

• Rebecca B.
                Rebecca B. commented
                Editing a comment
                Leah Lundgren Spring Thank you so much!
            Working...
            X