Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Carolina State Medicaid Waiver Program Application Guide

Waiver Overview
    : South Carolina has a bunch of different waivers but we are going to focus on the ones we think are the best fits for children with autism. You can check out this comprehensive comparison of the waivers for more info.

Waiver #1: Intellectual Disabilities and Related Disabilities Waiver

Who can apply?

Circumstance/Diagnosis: Any child or adult who is diagnosed with either an intellectual and/or developmental disability (this includes autism). The state requires that individuals need an intermediate care facility level of care to qualify. There is a technical definition for this, but it really just means that the individual is unable to get through their day without a lot of supervision. Additionally the individual needs to be eligible or already receives medicaid

What do I get?

See the bottom of this brochure to see what services are available

How do I apply?

Contact your Case Manager or the Division of Disabilities and Special Needs at (803) 898-9671 and ask about the waiver

Waiver #2: Community Supports Waiver

Who Can Apply?

The eligibility requirements are the exact same as the first waiver, just make sure to take a look at the different services offered.

What do I get?

See the bottom of this brochure to see what services are available

How do I apply?

Contact your Case Manager or the Division of Disabilities and Special Needs at (803) 898-9671 and ask about the waiver

What does the Goally Team Think?

There is a waiting list for services but we couldn’t figure out how long it would take to get off of them. Based on our knowledge of other states it appears as though you may end up waiting years. No parent or child should have to wait that long for services.

Goally Waiver Scorecard

Website clarity and ease of navigation: 4/5
    Access and requirements of qualification: 1/5
    Healthcare coverage: 3/5

Other online resources for South Carolina:

South Carolina Autism Society helps with case management, referrals, education, and more
    Autism Spectrum Disorder Virtual Library has tons of information and research on ASD
    Family Connections will connection with other parents who have navigated the same issues as you

Telephone Resources

Listed number for Intellectual Disabilities and Related Disabilities Waiver -- (803/898-9671)
    Family Connection helpline has extra details on the waiver -- 1-800-578-8750
    Last edited by Brady; 07-09-2020, 11:47 AM.
Working...
X