Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas State Medicaid Waiver Program Application Guide

Overview
    : Kansas has a ton of different waivers that you can view, compare, and learn about HERE. That document is a fantastic resource so we really encourage you to check it out. Out of these waiver we have selected to showcase the one that is the best, long term fit for children with autism. There is an autism specific waiver in Kansas but it only provides parent training and respite for families with children under 5. If that waiver sounds like a good fit, please check out this page.

Waiver #1: Intellectual / Developmental Disabilities Waiver

Who Can Apply?

Circumstance/Diagnosis: Any child or adult older than 5 who is diagnosed with either an intellectual and/or developmental disability (this includes autism). The state requires that individuals need an intermediate care facility level of care to qualify. This just means that the individual is unable to get through their day without a lot of supervision.

Income: Eligibility is based on the child’s income so if they aren’t making any money they will be able to receive services.

What do I get?

Assistive Services • Adult Day Supports • Financial Management Services • Medical Alert-rental • Overnight Respite • Personal Care Services • Residential Supports for Adults • Residential Supports for Children • Enhanced Care Services • Specialized Medical Care • Supported Employment • Supportive Home Care • Wellness Monitoring • Targeted Case Management

How do I apply?

Call your local Community Developmental Disability Organization

What does the Goally Team Think?

Kansas has a bunch of waivers, but this doesn’t mean there are a bunch of waiver slots. You will wait an average of 3-4 years before getting on this waiver. This needs to be changed, the state program evidently just doesn’t have enough funding. Their website is somewhat enigmatic as well. I was taken across several separate platforms which usually makes things more confusing, but each page I landed on had good and useful information.

Goally Waiver Scorecard

Website clarity and ease of navigation: 3/5
    Access and requirements of qualification: 1/5
    Healthcare coverage: 3/5

Other online resources for Kansas:

Families Together Inc does parent to parent training and information sharing.
    Autism Society of the Heartland holds tons of events for families
    Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Services has loads of information on state resources.

Telephone Resources:

Kansas Aging and Disability Resource Center can help you navigate your available services and streamline the process 855-200-2372
    Last edited by Nate; 07-08-2020, 11:33 PM.
Working...
X