X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arkansas State Medicaid Waiver Program Application Guide

Waiver #1: Arkansas Autism Partnership

Who Can Apply?

Circumstances/Diagnosis: Children ages 18 months to 8 years with autism are eligible. The state requires that individuals need an intermediate care facility level of care to qualify. This just means that the individual is unable to get through their day without a lot of supervision.

Income:Income eligibility is only based on the child’s income and not the parents income. This means that your child is financially eligible for the waiver if they don’t have an income.

What do I get?

You get 20-25 hours of behavioral and therapeutic services every week. Parent training is included in the package.

How do I apply?

You can complete the application here: https://cpb-us-e1.wpmucdn.com/wordpr...18-12pgrto.pdf

You can also call 800-342-2923 to get additional information on the process

Waiver #2: Community and Employment Support Waiver

Who can apply?

Circumstances/Diagnosis: Children and adults of all ages who have developmental and/or intellectual disabilities like autism. The state requires that individuals need an intermediate care facility level of care to qualify. There is a technical definition for this but it really just means that the individual is unable to get through their day without a lot of supervision.

Income: Income eligibility is only based on the child’s income and not the parents income. This means that your child is financially eligible for the waiver if they don’t have an income.

What do I get?

Care Coordination, Supported Living Services, Non-Medical Transportation, Adaptive Equipment, Environmental Modifications, Supplemental Support Services, Consultation Services, supported employment, and Crisis Intervention Services.

How do I apply?

Contact the Arkansas Department of Human Resources (DHS) to initiate the intake process.

For children, call (501) 682-2277.

For adults, contact (501) 682-8678 or (501) 683-5687.

Waiver #3: TEFRA

Who Can Apply?

Circumstances/Diagnosis: Any child under 19 who is diagnosed with any type of disability (this includes autism). The state requires that individuals need at least an intermediate care facility level of care to qualify. This has a technical definition but essentially just means that the individual is unable to get through their day without a lot of supervision.

Income: Income eligibility is only based on the child’s income and not the parents income. This means that your child is financially eligible for the waiver if they don’t have an income.

What do I get?

The way TEFRA Programs work is that they allow families with higher incomes to receive medicaid benefits for their child because eligibility is based on the child income. This means that you will be able to receive dental care, emergency and non-emergency transportation, inpatient and outpatient treatment, medical equipment, occupational therapy, pharmacy, physical therapy, vision.

How do I apply?

Call your county’s Department of Human Services Office

What does the Goally Team Think?

Arkansas has a 10 year waitlist in order to get on the specialized waivers for developmental disabilities. No parent should have to wait that long to get the critical services they need. The services that the waivers provide are still super important so we recommend getting on the waitlist, but your access is severely limited for a long time.

Goally Waiver Scorecard

Website clarity and ease of navigation: 3/5
    Access and requirements of qualification: 0/5
    Healthcare coverage: 3/5

Other online resources for Arkansas:

A guide to navigating resources for children in Arkansas
    Arkansas Disability Coalition provides support, information, and parent training.

Telephone Resources

The Department of Human Services Offices by County is a great place to start this whole process.
    Contact the ARC of Arkansas for information on advocacy, employment, and community events.
    Last edited by Nate; 07-15-2020, 04:45 PM.
Working...
X